We are so excited about the opportunity we have to move to our Port St. John (PSJ) location. The benefits of this facility are numerous and we know you will be pleased with the outcome. We thank you for your support during this change as we know it means a longer travel time for some of you. Knowing you would do so for the next six months shows your dedication to the Legacy family!
Since we won’t have time to hold a parent meeting before we start in PSJ on Monday, November 20, we wanted to inform you of a few procedural items:
- Our New Address is: 3815 Curtis Blvd, Port St. John, Florida 32927
- Our New Phone Number: 321-338-7621
- Drop off – starting at 8:10am and ending at 8:30am
- Students who are dropped off before 8:10am should be signed in to before care and a fee will be incurred.
- Please enter the school grounds using the center drive way, turning in front of the VPK building (on the left). Pull all the way to the end of the walkway, letting students out of the right side of your car.
- Students who are eating breakfast may go into the art room to eat.
- Students who are not eating breakfast will go into the gated pavilion to wait until they are dismissed to class.
- The pavilion gate will be closed at 8:30am indicating that school has started.
- Students who arrive after 8:30am will need to be signed in to the main office (building on the right) and will receive a tardy pass.
- Pick Up – starting at 3:00pm and ending at 3:15pm
- Please continue to use your car signs as this greatly speeds up the dismissal process.
- Cars should pull into the center drive and should only enter from the north (no left hand turns into the driveway during dismissal) in order to keep students safe and not back up traffic on the road.
- Students will be brought to your vehicle. Please do not get out of your car to meet your children as this greatly slows down the process.
- Students who are not picked up by 3:15pm will be sent to aftercare and a fee will be incurred.
- Teachers are asked not to meet with parents during dismissal as their attention needs to be on the students. If you need to meet with your child’s teacher, please make an appointment to do so.
- Before & Aftercare –
- Before and Aftercare will take place in the VPK South building (on the left).
- When dropping off and picking up, please park in a parking spot and not directly in front of the school. Students will need to be signed in and out.
- A drop box is provided in the front of both buildings for your payments. Please make sure your child’s name is either on the check or envelope.
- School Access
- The PSJ location is a secure facility – there is only 1 way to gain access to the building and that is through the main front office.
- If you would like to visit during school hours, please sign in at the front office (North building on the right). You will need to obtain a visitor’s sticker and return it to the office when you leave. This applies to anyone who is not a school employee and is for the safety of the children.
We will hold an open house on November 27th at 6:00pm for all who care to attend. This will be a great opportunity for you to see the facility, connect with your child’s teacher, and meet new staff members. In the mean-time, please let us know if there is any way we can help you with this transition. Thank you again for your continued support!